Tuesday, October 2, 2007

...Yep.

I'm trying to up the posting amplitude a bit, but there's not much coming to me right now. Nothing all that new or exciting to talk about. Hm.

The new and improved SnG challenge I've got going on for myself hasn't really gotten anywhere - I played in three, was OoTM for two and 2nd in one, which is something like a ten cent loss. Woo.

I must say, though, it's going to take a few days to get used to not doing mindless ultra-turbos anymore. I actually have to think now. It caught me off guard in the first two, actually - I kept playing way too aggressively, especially given the nofoldemness of my stakes, and I was down to half my chipstack in no time before I realized what I was doing. I'm not used to actually going ten minutes and just folding without having the blinds up to 25/50, on the verge of 50/100.

I guess in that sense, the ultra-turbos were actually dangerous. Not only were they not all that profitable and far too luckbox oriented, they completely fucked with my mindset in SnGs in general. I'll have to work hard to extra patient at first now that I'm back to normal, not so crazy SnGs. The plus side is that the normal ones are really pretty easy to beat if you're patient and don't try to push people out of pots early on.

And that's about all I have for today. Maybe I'll actually ramble my way into a decent post one of these days.

No comments: