Monday, October 1, 2007

Shifting Gears

I want to pretend that the ultra-turbos are working for me on UB, but I have to face the facts, and those facts are that I've basically broken even after 35 sit n gos. Now, that's not the hugest sample size, but based on how little my actual play seems to be really affecting my results, I think that the variance is just too high in the ultra-turbos for them to be profitable. In the end, if the cards fall for me, I win. If not, I lose. I feel like there's very little I can do with my playing to change that when the blinds are going up every 2.5 minutes.

So, it's time for me to admit defeat on that venture. I'm going to go in the completely opposite direction with this and just do 10-man non-turbos. I think that if I just play those and play them tight, waiting for good hands and letting the fish pay me off, I'll be able to do well much more consistently. I love UB's blind structure on normal SnGs/tournaments, because it's very slow and allows plenty of time for me to make good plays and increase my stack before the blinds start to press down on me. Granted, I'm not going to be able to toss an SnG into any half an hour or so of computer time that I have available anymore, but I definitely think that it'll be better in the long run.

Other than that switch, everything's the same. I'll start a new chart and keep track of my placements, I'll keep doing the 2% or less buyin strategy (meaning I need $50 to move up in stakes), and I'll just keep on grinding. Hopefully this'll be a grind that doesn't lead me in circles forever.

I really hope that this'll work. I'm very tired of being so stagnant.

No comments: